You are “counting sleeps” aren’t you?
…either till you go away, switch off and chill to a calmer routine or sign off that final project for the year as you toss some thank you gifts at clients and dash out the door?
Many of you have been begging for this newsletter – impatient creatures that you are – as it IS one of my favourite annual processes to do. At some point before 31st December, I pour a glass of wine and do the following process to help me wander back over the past 12 months to create a deep awareness of the year gone by.
Where you start is not as important as where you finish! Zig Ziglar
Consciously closing out your PERSONAL year – as opposed to simply scrambling to get your desk and obligations clear – is about bringing a sense of order, understanding and insight to your last 12 months.
Think of it as a simultaneous pat on the back and a wee kick up the proverbial.
I believe life is always a dance between the fab and the kr@p and it’s about letting yourself flow between the two, not getting too stuck on either side. 2015 for me has been a rollercoaster of note, launching my second book, appearing in a self development movie, crowdfunding, walking 2 red carpets, helping 22 writers on their journey with their book, re-creating an online business and letting romantic passion sky rocket …phew.
What about YOU?
If you feel that some conscious questions could help you close out the year, here are the 12 pivotal questions I will be using:
1. Describe 2015 as if it was the title of a book to capture the ESSENCE or THEME of the year. Be creative and wacky if need be.
2. What are you most PROUD of?
3. Find one or two HIGHLIGHTS in each of the following 8 aspects of your life, to ensure you do a full sweep of your life.
Home & Family
Fun & Leisure
Relationships & communication
4. What is your all time FAVOURITE memory of the year?
5. What was your #1 CHALLENGE? You can either consider something in each of the 8 above areas, or
perhaps there is just one overriding thing that stands out for you.
6. What QUALITIES / STRENGTHS did you call on to overcome this challenge? List as many as you can as this shows your inner and outer resources!
7. Where else could you APPLY these same qualities in 2016?
8. Was there anything on your radar / goal list for 2015 that you DID NOT ACHIEVE?
9. What STOPPED you achieving it?
OK…. Seriously, excuses aside what REALLY stopped you – HINT- it’s usually a fear or limiting belief at play?
10. LOOSE ENDS? Is there anything that would be awesome to complete in order to finish off the year STRONG? Could be a last appointment to book, finishing that business plan, sending thank you letters…
Anything that will give you the final close out you deserve.
It is the loose ends with which (wo)men hang themselves. Zelda Fitzgerald
11. VERY NB: In order to create the right energy for your life, what do you need to LEAVE BEHIND AND LET GO OF that will not serve you to take forward into 2016? A person, attitude, job, idea, resentment?
12. What are you potentially STEPPING INTO in 2016 that will catapult your life forward?
I trust these will help YOU close out and consciously consider your year so that you can move to 2016 with strength, insight and awareness.
STAY IN TOUCH AND SHIFT YOUR LIFE BY SIGNING UP FOR MY FREE COURSE HERE – it will help you make SMALL TWEAKS that will lead to BIG LEAPS!
You can also grab your copy of the movie I appear in The Secrets of the Keys – to really help you gain insight and see life from a different perspective. CLICK HERE